Monday 16 August 2010

Monday 16th August - The Start of Week 2 and a New Diet ..

I haven’t given up, contrary to many peoples thoughts. No. The reason I have neglected my bloggollers (blog followers – I have made that word up so you heard it here first) is because I have literally been indulged in gorgeous creamy milkshakes,  sweet maple syrup chocolate bars and lavish Spicy Noodle dishes … and the odd Strawberry Cream Wafer .. I have made the switch to “New You” and I really do feel like a New Me!

So since my last blog I have waved goodbye to Lipotrim, although we share the happy memories of a 12Ib weight loss, I’ll happily take the 12Ib back if it meant having to endure another Chicken (suitable for vegetarians) soup … or a powder-licious chocolate shake … no thanks. I had reached the point where I was probably going to lose weight due to my body going into starvation mode rather than thanking my kerrykatonas for all their hard work. Speaking of which , my two guilty lapses into tuna tins seem not to have budged it which is great news … it means I don’t have to endure another 5 days of culinary depression.

I waited patiently on Saturday morning for Parcelforce to deliver my food package … until it arrived I couldn’t eat a thing … as soon as it did I was like a child on Christmas morning … I couldn’t open the box quick enough and inside it was full of beautiful, crisp white packets. All labelled with the contents … but the ones that took my eye the most were the shiny reflective silver packets which I knew must be my solid food... I lost myself again and for a moment I was back staring into the window as Charlie Bucket – I was dying to find my golden ticket. Instead of a Golden Ticket I found something much much better … lying beneath the wrapper I found a Maple Fruit Chocolate Meal Bar, all 130 calories of it. This bar was going to be my new best friend, actually it was going to be my new lunch but it felt amazing to have “nice” food. I felt like Lipotrim had lasted a whole year!

So after I had unwrapped all of my delicious delights, I proceeded to set them up into my days and make myself a spread sheet (I love spread sheets – they help me rationalise, especially food) … so Im all set for the next 2 weeks of dieting … the test will of course be in the weigh in on Friday morning as at the moment I’m dubious that good tasting diet food can make you loose weight … if it works I may switch to a diet of cream cakes and pasta bakes ... mmmmm

So overall, my weekend was a success … however, it wasn’t such a success on the badminton court where I was beaten to a pulp by a certain Miss Ashton. In fairness, I haven’t actually eaten for 8 days and I just couldn’t fathom the energy, they finally let me give in when I was crawling on the floor gasping for water and begging for the game to stop … it was a harsh lesson to learn.

On Sunday I did nothing apart from taste a rather vile Vanilla Shake which I obviously wont be ordering again, I took one sip and had flashbacks to Lipotrim and emotionally I was back in LipoLand where misery is happiness.. I drank it and made do, but I won’t be making that mistake again .. and watched a few DVDs .. it was bliss. It was bliss compared to where I should have been which was at a food festival on the Isle of Wight … I wasn’t sure that my willpower would see me through the mounds of cheeses, pickles and homebrewed beer … so I decided to stay away and it was probably a wise choice … I heard it rained all day, I would have only got my hotdog wet.

As I write this I am sitting on a mound of Deep Heat as a result of doing too much exercise last week. I should have listened to the advice of doing “no exercise in the first week as you need to allow your body to adjust” … as per usual, I assumed I knew best and I continued to pack in as much exercise as possible… I have suffered as the muscles in my thighs and let’s say, Glutus Maximus, have left me wallowing in self-pity and Claire is yet to hear the end of my “bruised thighs and bum!”




No comments:

Post a Comment