Monday 9 August 2010

Day 2 ... Sunday 8th August 2010

Day 2 is worse. So much worse than day 1. Today I have cried more tears then is justified for being deprived of food!

I did a 5 mile hike today with my good friend Helen in preparation for my sponsored walk along Hadrian's Wall in September. With no solid food energy, I was relying on my morning chocolate shake to give me enough bounce to last the walk - and it did until the last mile. The last mile was horrendous - I wanted to cry, and give up and call a taxi - but I don't think any taxi's would have come to the middle of the field where we were. I carried on, put on a brave face and when I made it to the car I could have eaten Helen's hand right off. I'm wondering if Hannibal Lector was on Lipotrim because that would have explained a lot ...

When I got back home, ravenous, starved, no energy - I was greeted by the smell of Claire's dinner cooked and eaten. It was the worst point of the whole weekend, I had no energy to move or breathe - I just cried. I wanted a Chinese, a pizza, a tin of dog food - I wanted anything as long as it was edible. I logged onto my Lipotrim Forum and saw other peoples stories, looked at their weight loss stats and I cried even more. I knew I couldn't give up ... I had to keep going.

So, I made my shake this time with some black peppermint tea - and it kind of tasted like a chocolate aero! I continued to read posts in the forum to help spur me on and I played a little guitar.

Yes, I felt damn sorry for myself ... but I couldn't back out - not now. Besides, Claire says my breathe is started to smell which I was delighted about as it means my KerryKatonas should arrive tomorrow and it will make me feel a ton better.

Day 2 is well and truely complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment